GEL Learning Module Update
Please note that we are currently in the process of reviewing and updating all GEL learning modules.
Chairs of Governors’ Leadership Development Programme
Delivered nationwide by The NGA and ELC under licence from the NCTL in partnership with Local Authorities, Teaching Schools and Academy Trusts. A Programme focusing on essential leadership competencies and experiences chairs will need to be highly effective leaders. Click here for more.
- Guidance Notes
- New Governors
- National Training Programme for New Governors (Revised 2013)
- Key Functions of the Governing Body (2014)
- Policy and School Practice
- Helping Children Achieve More (Every Child Matters)
- Ofsted Inspection of Schools (September 2014)
- Educational Visits
- E-Safety for Governors
- Teachers Pay and Conditions (July 2015)
- School Funding 2016-17 (July 2015)
- Pupils Leaving the School (July 2015)
- NGA Skills Audit and Matrix (July 2015)
- National Database for Governors (July 2015)
- Concerns about GCSE Rule Changes (July 2015)
- Availability of provisional GCSE results (July 2015)
Free 30 Day Trial
Being an effective governing body relies on fit for purpose training and support. Ofsted will expect schools to demonstrate that their governing body is effective with evidence. GEL can provide essential e-learning that fulfills these needs.
Sign up now for a 30-day free trial and see how GEL can help you.
We will be launching the first edition of the GEL Newsletter in the 2014 Autumn Term. The newsletter will include exclusive information regarding upcoming content and practical tips for you and your governing body.
Watch this space for more details!
The Leading Governance Partnership is led by The Eastern Leadership Centre (ELC) and National Governors’ Association (NGA) – to find out more click here.
To find out more about the Chairs of Governors' Leadership Development Programme please click here.
To find out more about the National Clerks' Development Programme please click here.
To find out more about the free, half-day NCTL workshops please click here.