Ofsted announce consultation for proposal of new inspection framework
Ofsted have announced a consultation on proposals for a new framework for the inspection of maintained schools, academies, further education and skills providers, non-association independent schools and registered early years settings.
New on GEL - Policy Watch
Our new Policy Watches, accessible from the Hot Topics page, offer further guidance on topics already mentioned in our Hot Topics. Whilst the Hot Topic will usually provide breaking news about a new topic the Policy Watch will provide further guidance of particular relevance to governors.
NGA External Reviews of Governance
The NGA review framework has been developed to respond to Ofsted judgements which identify governance issues. The review process is suitable for governing bodies who wish to commission an independent view of governance practice, especially if they are looking to move to ‘outstanding’, or if there are other issues. Please click here for more information.
Find out more about GEL
Governor E-Learning (GEL) is an online learning experience providing school governors with a flexible way to access information and training. GEL supplies high-quality, accurate and value-for-money learning through: learning modules, supporting documents and hot topics. Together these ensure the required support is available to you at your convenience enabling you to be an effective Governor. Click here for more.
Chairs of Governors’ Leadership Development Programme
Delivered nationwide by The NGA and ELC under licence from the NCTL in partnership with Local Authorities, Teaching Schools and Academy Trusts. A Programme focusing on essential leadership competencies and experiences chairs will need to be highly effective leaders. Click here for more.
- Guidance Notes
- NEW GOVERNORS
- National Training Programme for New Governors (Revised 2013)
- Key Functions of the Governing Body (2014)
- POLICY and SCHOOL PRACTICE
- Helping Children Achieve More (Every Child Matters)
- New Ofsted Inspection Framework for Schools (2013)
- Educational Visits
- E-Safety for Governors
- Ofsted Consultation on New Inspection Framework (October 2014)
- Statistics: Local Authority/School Finance Data (October 2014)
- What Maintained Schools Must Publish Online (October 2014)
- School Attendance (October 2014)
- School Teachers' Pay and Conditions 2014 (October 2014)
- Advice on Statutory Policies for Schools (October 2014)
- Behaviour and Discipline in Schools (September 2014)
- School and Early Years Finance (England) Regulations 2014 (September 2014)
- Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions (September 2014)
- Timelines for Schools (September 2014)
Free 30 Day Trial
Being an effective governing body relies on fit for purpose training and support. Ofsted will expect schools to demonstrate that their governing body is effective with evidence. GEL can provide essential e-learning that fulfills these needs.
Sign up now for a 30-day free trial and see how GEL can help you.
We will be launching the first edition of the GEL Newsletter in the 2014 Autumn Term. The newsletter will include exclusive information regarding upcoming content and practical tips for you and your governing body.
Watch this space for more details!
The Leading Governance Partnership is led by The Eastern Leadership Centre (ELC) and National Governors’ Association (NGA) – to find out more click here.
To find out more about the Chairs of Governors' Leadership Development Programme please click here.
To find out more about the National Clerks' Development Programme please click here.
To find out more about the free, half-day NCTL workshops please click here.